Tuesday 2 March 2010

Review: Joshua Radin, I'd Rather Be With You



Joshua Radin is another of these singer songwriters in the vein of Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz et al and 'I'd Rather Be With You' is the second single to be released from his sophomore album 'Simple Times'. If I'm completely honest it does sound a little bit formulaic; start off with a single acoustic guitar and a soft voice, bring in the drums and a second guitar to give it a fuller, bouncier sound and ride out to the end. However, even if you think you've heard it all before, when it's done this well it doesn't really matter. Given the strength of this and previous single 'One of Those Days' I have high hopes for the album.

'I'd Rather Be With You' is released on March 22nd with the album released on April 12th. You can watch the video below, which features Heroes star Hayden Panettiere.

No comments:

Post a Comment